World Autism Awareness Month is here!!
BHW is thrilled to be participating in this campaign! From the Great Pyramids of Egypt to the White House, the world is united this month to bring awareness on autism. Behavioral Health Works is on it’s quest to restore hope by improving the quality of life for families facing autism. In celebration of Autism Awareness month, BHW is here to provide our community with 7 facts about autism. Test your knowledge and see how much you know about autism!
Did you know that:
- According to the CDC, autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys (cdc.gov)
- Autism is a bio-neurological developmental disability that generally appears before the age of 3 (nationalautismassociation.org)?
- Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the US. (autismspeaos.org)?
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average. (autismspeaks.org)?
- Children with autism have the ability to positively progress and early intervention is key to the progress (nationalautismassociation.org)?
- More than 3.5 million Americans live with Autism Spectrum Disorder (autism-society.org)?
- Autism is not a hopeless disorder, hope is all around?
BHW is here to provide families hope and let them know that they are not alone. BHW truly cares about your well-being and is proud to provide support and resources to those in the autism community. We would like to encourage everyone to wear blue this Friday and hashtag #BHWOneVoice #LIUB. Together we can really create a world filled with acceptance and autism awareness. So accept the challenge and help BHW shine a light on autism!