Disneyland, The Happiest Place on Earth Is Now Affordable Too!
Summer is almost here and where better to go than the the happiest place on earth? Disneyland in Anaheim, CA or the Magic Kingdom in Orlando, FL is known as two of the most visited summer destinations all around the world. With over 16.7 million people visiting Disneyland in a year in Anaheim and over 19.3 million visiting the Magic Kingdom in Florida, these are two of the most popular family destinations. Despite Disneyland being the happiest place, it can become one of the most pricey places to visit as well. But not to worry, this summer BHW is going to give you a few tips that will allow your family to have a magical time in Disneyland without breaking the bank!
- Schedule Your Trip Around Conventions or Other Large Events: The Anaheim Convention Center is the biggest convention center on the West Coast making this a prime location for events. When large conferences are in town, the hotel room rates skyrocket making it unaffordable. To avoid this inflation in room rates, we recommend that you check the Convention Center’s schedule and plan your Disney trip on days when conventions are not in town. In addition, Orlando is one of the largest cities in Florida thus making it the location where a variety of different festivals and concerts are held. To avoid the price hike on hotel rates we also recommend booking your trip outside of these time slots. Click Here to check the Anaheim Convention Center’s schedule and Click Here to see the different events occurring in Orlando, Florida.
- Compare Disney With Non-Disney Hotels: In addition to planning around conventions, it is recommended that you compare prices between Disney and non-Disney hotels. You might be surprised to find special promotion rates so weigh out the pros and cons between these two types of hotels and also factor in how walkable these hotels are from the park. From here, you will be equipped with making the best decision without sacrifice comfortability or affordability.
- Eat Breakfast Outside of the Parks or Bring Your Own Grub: Many hotels offer complimentary breakfast. If you prefer something else, don’t fret, there are a variety of affordable options around the theme park such as McDonald’s, IHop and Panera just to name a few. We highly recommend that you eat a large breakfast to power up for the day and it will also save you time and money inside the park.
- Bring an Empty Water Bottle: There are a large number of water fountains all around the park where you can refill your water bottle. This will not only allow your little one to have water all throughout the day but it will also save you a pretty large chunk of change in buying soda or water inside the park. For those hot days, you can ask for ice at any concession stand where they sell fountain drinks.
- Come Prepared for the Weather: The summer days in California can be a bit hot and humid. Because of this we recommend that you check the weather about a week before your trip. For those hot days, be sure to bring a hat, water bottle, sunscreen, and anything that you feel will make waiting in line more comfortable. This will help make the visit with your loved one more pleasant and will also save you from spending extra money for unforeseen items. Note, if your child does not like getting wet on water rides, it is recommended that you bring a disposable poncho. This will allow your child to enjoy every ride including the Splash Mountain without having to sacrifice comfort.
- Bring the Magical Costumes from Home: Some kids love to dress up as their favorite prince or princess but the cost of an actual Disney outfit at their Boutique can be double than the ones online. By bringing your kids costumes from home, they will have the opportunity to embrace the full Disney experience by being in character from the moment they step foot outside of their bedroom!
- Have PhotoPass Photographers Use Your Camera: There are Disney PhotoPass photographers stationed throughout the park waiting to take your photo on their camera. While these photographers are stationed to capture the moment to have Disney sell you a print, they are more than happy to take a photo with your camera as well. Now you can capture the moment through a photo without having to pay!