Be a Part of the Fat Tuesday (a.k.a. Mardi Gras) Festivities with these Activities!
Tuesday, February 28th is the celebration of Mardi Gras and BHW wants you to join us in celebrating this annual carnival! This day is filled with color, food, music, and celebration! Help your little one enjoy this New Orleans holiday with these 5 activities!
- Mardi Gras Calming Jars: Not only will your child enjoy making these jars but they can repurpose them later as a calming mechanism. To make these soothing yet festive containers Click Here.
- Mardi Gras Carnival Masks: You don’t have to be in New Orleans to make a festive parade mask. Be part of the festivities with a colorful mask of your own. Dance, sing, celebrate this day just like you would down south! To learn how to make these traditional masks Click Here.
- Make some music: Fill the house with music and help your child make a Mardi Gras tambourine! They will sing and dance just like they would in New Orleans! Click Here to start making the sound of music!
- Have a laugh with this craft: A Fat Tuesday celebration isn’t complete without a jester! Be a goof ball and make your very own jester crown. Click Here to create this craft!
- Bake a King Cake: We saved the best for last! End your carnival with the traditional king cake! This French pastry is a vibrant part of the Mardi Gras tradition in New Orleans and is easy to make. To bake some king cake with your little one Click Here.