Happy Memorial Day!
BHW would like to dedicate this Memorial Day post to all of our current and former men and women in the armed services. We will never forget the sacrifice you all have made to ensure that we have our freedom. Thank you!
The Memorial Day Weekend is just around the corner and we are here to help you and your little ones plan a fun- filled day! Here are five sensory friendly activities that will make this upcoming weekend just a little more spectacular and memorable!
- Take a Bike Ride: Visit a neighboring park and enjoy the summer sun. Bring a few outdoor toys with you such as a ball or a frisbee and make a play day out of it. Even set up an obstacle course for your kiddo and have them race you to the finish line!
- Paint a Cardboard House using Chalk Paint: Let your child’s creativity go wild. Help your little one create the cardboard house of their dreams. You can even make a sidewalk chalk mural later on in the day. Click HERE to start building
- Make Rainbow Ice: Get colorful and chilly with this sensory play activity. Make rainbow ice blocks with your child and see what they will build or better yet, knock down! All you need is some water, ice cube trays, and liquid watercolor paint. Click HERE to learn how to let the sensory play begin!
- Create your own Ocean World: Help your little one learn about the amazing water world with this interactive activity. Your child will spend hours discovering the different animals that live in the ocean and will definitely have a blast creating their own mini underwater world. Click HERE to see what’s under the sea!
- Plan Your Own Adventure: Discover the interest of your child! Ask them what they would like to do or what they are interested in. Fill your day with activities that encourages your child to participate and have fun! If you are are going to a museum, a children’s science center, indoor gyms, or choose to embark on any other adventure(s) please be sure to check the times and dates that they’re open.
Enjoy your upcoming Memorial Day Weekend!