Family Fun Activities to do this Memorial Day Weekend!
Memorial Day Weekend is just around the corner and BHW wants to help you plan a fun-filled day with your loved ones. Here are a few events that you and your child can participate in this weekend!
- Garden Grove Strawberry Festival: Don’t miss out on attending the free Garden Grove Strawberry Festival this May 26th-29th! Enjoy strawberry themed rides, food, art, and even free strawberry cake! Click Here for more delicious information.
- Knott’s Berry Farm Military Days and Memorial Sunday Fireworks: Knott’s Berry Farm will be honoring military families with free admission! Active, Retired or Veteran U.S. Military Personnel may receive free admission for themselves this Memorial Day Weekend. Take your little one to this wild-west theme park and help them realize their inner cowboy/cowgirl!! Click Here for more Yeehaw details on how you can receive your free admission ticket!
- Scottish Fest USA: Experience Southern California’s largest Scottish and Celtic festival where you and your child can explore and experience the Scottish culture. The weekend will be filled with the sounds of bagpipes and drums, the flavors and smells of authentic Celtic foods and the sights of traditional kilts, dancing competitions and more! For more information Click Here.
Los Angeles County:
- Memorial Day Street Fair at Alvarado Street: Come enjoy one of the biggest street fairs of the year! With over 30,000 people in attendance, this is a fair you want to be a part of! Enjoy different types of foods, arts and crafts, free health screenings, free gifts, carnival rides games, live musical groups and so much more! For more information on this spectacular fair Click Here.
- Memorial Picnic at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach: Enjoy a day at the aquarium and watch all the sea animals roam around huge aquariums! They will start to learn about the wonders of the ocean and won’t want to resurface! From penguins in a cold and frosty arctic recreation to deep sea sharks and neon colored fish to everything in between, Click Here for discount tickets.
- LACMA Free Admission: Thanks to LACMA’s partnership with Target, LACMA is providing free admission to all this Memorial Day. Now your little one can explore the creative and contemporary art of Los Angeles without having to break the bank. Click Here to reserve your admission tickets.
The Greater Boston Area:
- Boston Red Sox vs. Seattle Mariners: Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd! Take your little one to an epic baseball game and see their face light up as they watch the famous Boston Red Sox in action. Click Here for more information on this game.
- Free Admission at Museum of Fine Arts on Memorial Day: Celebrate this long weekend with free admission to the Museum of Fine Arts! Your little one will have a blast creating art-making activities, gallery tours, music, and film. For your free tickets Click Here.
- Head to the Zoo: Nothing says family fun day like a day at the zoo! Head to the Franklin Park Zoo and enjoy a day that will mesmerize your child with the sight of great beasts like the African Lion or the majestic elephant. Click Here for more information.
- Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony: On May 30th Rio Rancho will be having a parade and ceremony to honor those that served in the military. Come bring your little one and teach them about the importance of this day while watching this parade.
- Memorial Day Concert at the Zoo: The New Mexico Philharmonic will play patriotic tunes at the Zoo. Bring a picnic dinner and enjoy favorites as your little one learns about all the different creatures around the world. Click Here for more information.
- Memorial Day Concert: Enjoy a concert in historic Old Town on Memorial Day, May 30, from 2 to 4 p.m. Your little one will have a blast dancing around and listening to music as they look at classic cars from all the decades.
- Have a picnic: Visit Lake Elsinore or a park and have a fun day out with the family. Play some outdoor activities and have a picnic in the sun! Click Here for some park day activity ideas.
- Visit the LaLa Barn!: La La Barn Indoor Playground is a barn themed indoor playground for children at all ages. Beat the heat in this air conditioned fun place and watch your kid have a blast interacting with other children their age! Click Here for more information on this fantastic barn.
- Go Horseback Riding: The beauty of the Inland Empire is their natural setting. Go visit the trails and show your little one’s the valley with a horseback ride. Click Here to see the different youth programs they provide.
- Bay Area KidFest: A 3-day holiday weekend filled with quality live entertainment, activities and sports for children to stimulate learning and exploration. In addition, KidFest showcases community groups that are dedicated to servicing families and children. Click Here for more information on this event.
- Alameda Veterans Memorial Park: Show your little ones the significance of this day by attending this memorial event. Hear bands play live and even see a historic helicopter that was once used in an unarmed mission called the medi-vac. Come on out for this patriotic holiday and celebrate with our country’s heroes. Click Here for more information.
- Cheap Summer Movies in Alameda: Get out the popcorn and candy! Watch a family movie this weekend at a discount! For $10 per person, you can go to every movie in the Kids Movie Series this summer hosted by The Alameda Theatre & Cineplex on Central Ave in Alameda. Click Here for more information on this cinematastic deal!
San Diego County:
- Visit the San Diego Zoo: Don’t miss the San Diego Zoo, one of the largest zoos in the world with over 4,000 animals! Your child will love learning about the different animals of the world. They will be growling, chirping and barking the whole car ride home! Click Here for ticket information.
- Kayak with the Seals at La Jolla: Get back to nature with this fun activity. Not only will you and your little one be on the cool beaches of La Jolla for this sunny weekend, you will also get to see different wildlife on center stage! Click Here for more information on how you can rent your own kayak this weekend.
- Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour: Explore the city of San Diego with this tour. Your child will have a blast experiencing the trolley and riding it all around the sunny city of San Diego! Click Here for more information on this trolley tour.
BHW would like to wish each and every family a Happy Memorial Day Weekend and would like to thank all those that have served our country. We are grateful for all that you do for our great nation.